2019 was an action packed year! Experiences both honoring and humbling!
We released our new album, Caravan of Dawn, which was led us to venture into radio stations and studios across the country. The album
- debuted in the top 10 in May on the Folk DJ Charts
- "The story I Can Hear" at #3 on the Roots Chart
- The Story I Can Hear" stayed #1 on Radio Guitar One/Folk Cuts for a few week
We ended the year with:
- the album being selected by Joltin' Joe Pszonek's Top Ten Albums of the Year on both his programs: Radio Nowhere and Eclectic Trainwreck
- the song, "Brighter Day" being selected by John Platt (WFUV) as one of his Top Ten Songs of the Year and was featured on his Sunday Supper program.
- "Brighter Day also being selected by Ron Olesko (WFDU) as one of his Top Ten Songs of the Year on both WFDU/Traditions and his new streaming resource, Folk Music Network.
- "Sorrow Inside Joy" received Honorable Mention in the Mid-Atlantic Song Contest.
All year, we toured with the album and performed in California, Florida, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut and Maine. We are incredibly grateful for the opportunities we had to be a part of so many beautiful communities, sharing music and time with both the fresh and familiar but always supportive fanbase.
We had rounded out 2018 in San Francisco with our original production based on our album inspired by the poetry of Hafiz as rendered by Daniel Ladinsky, In late autumn 2019, we found out that "My Friend Hafiz" was nominated for 10 Theater Bay Area Awards!
Our schedule has been packed, the music continues to flow and we've begun our new "Sing and Be In" series to help us continue our mission to build bridges between communities and uplift the human spirit.
We will be back on the road in January to North Carolina, South Carolina and Maryland, beginning this new decade with momentum and a few surprises and new possibilities coming in 2020!